[hobbit] SMS +additional messages

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 21:40:54 CET 2007

I wrote my own external Hobbit script to provide a more detailed SMS output,
but is still shorter than the regular email alerts.  It's really short, so
I've copy/pasted it below:

<SCRIPT>
#!/bin/bash

msg=`echo "${BBALPHAMSG}" | egrep "&yellow|&red"`
msg="\n${msg}"

# CODE:
#=======
subject="!HB ${ACKCODE}"
alert="${BBHOSTSVC} ${BBCOLORLEVEL}"
message="\n${alert}${msg}"

echo -e "${message}" | mail -s "${subject}" $RCPT
</SCRIPT>

To use this, you replace
MAIL [recipients] [flags]
with
SCRIPT [hobbit home]/server/ext/oursms [recipients] [flags]

where "[hobbit home]" is the Hobbit home directory, and "oursms" is the name
of the script above.  You can of course name it whatever you want.

Essentially, this does what FORMAT=SMS does, except that it also displays
the items that are red.  Also, if you use the above script, make sure you
don't include FORMAT=SMS.

Hello,