[hobbit] Status Question

Richard Leyton richard at leyton.org
Sat Feb 10 19:00:37 CET 2007

Hi Mike,

If you want to query the status of a test/host, you need to use the
'hobbitdboard' command to bb to pull back the status. There are a
bunch of other operations that might be useful. See the bb(1) manpage.

An example (see below) I have is for a particular host ('reports'),
we need to clear out the purples every week (as the 'service' is the
name of the report, and these can vary). As I don't care beyond a day
or two about old reports. So the first part does what you want -
pulls back the status for the host. The second remainder just pulls
out the bits I want and wraps it around to drop the host.

There's no security, server side, with hobbit, so this can be run by
any user on any system, so long as the IP details are correct. Note
I've two servers here. If you've just one server you can just specify
the IP address on the command line.

Hope that helps or gives you something to start with.

Richard.

Richard Leyton - richard at leyton.org
http://www.leyton.org