[hobbit] Browser asks where to save bb-hostsvc.sh

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Feb 9 12:41:02 CET 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 12:33:54PM +0100, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 12:19:16PM +0100, Michael.Wiegard at materna.de wrote:
> >
> > When a download the file there is NOTHING in it; size 0k.
>
> Does the HOSTNAME resolve in DNS ? Hobbit will attempt to perform a DNS
> lookup on the hostname when the IP is set to 0.0.0.0 .
>
> Are there any errors for the request in your apache error-log ?

Sorry, I just read the other mails in this thread that you get a
"Premature end of script headers ..." which is an indication that the
bb-hostsvc.sh CGI crashed.

So - time to debug this. On your Hobbit server, run these commands:

    ulimit -c unlimited
    QUERY_STRING="HOST=YOURHOSTNAME&SERVICE=info"
    REQUEST_METHOD=GET
    SCRIPT_NAME="bb-hostsvc.sh"
    export QUERY_STRING REQUEST_METHOD SCRIPT_NAME
    ~hobbit/cgi-bin/bb-hostsvc.sh

Supposedly, this will crash - the last few linies it writes before the crash
are interesting.

Hopefully, it will also dump a core file in your current directory.
Analyse this with gdb:

    gdb ~hobbit/server/bin/hobbitsvc.cgi ./core
and at the (gdb) prompt type the "bt" command:
    (gdb) bt

and send me the output.