still crashing

Rob Munsch rmunsch at solutionsforprogress.com
Thu Feb 8 22:00:47 CET 2007

I still have a constantly red-then-purple hobbitd_client on my hobbit
server.

It's gotten to the point where i have a cron job dropping the test
continuously.  I would appreciate any insight as to why this started
happening and what is causing it.

Core was generated by `hobbitd_client'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()

Full output follows.

TIA.

hobbit at randomaccess ~/server $ gdb bin/hobbitd_client tmp/core
GNU gdb 6.6
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
Really redefine built-in command "frame"? (y or n) [answered Y; input
not from terminal]
Really redefine built-in command "thread"? (y or n) [answered Y; input
not from terminal]
Really redefine built-in command "start"? (y or n) [answered Y; input
not from terminal]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

warning: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libpcre.so.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libpcre.so.0
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2
#0  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
gdb>