[hobbit] URL Yellow verses Red

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 19:48:45 CET 2007

On 2/2/07, James Wade <jkwade at futurefrontiers.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On URL's, is there a way to say, turn them Yellow
>
> instead of Red?
>

> We have several development URL's and we want to
>
> monitor them, but don't want Hobbit showing them
>
> as Red, instead we'd like them to show Yellow.
>
> Is this possible?

You can always roll your own.  I do that a lot... :)  Something along
the lines of:

   curl -o page.html http://server.domain.com
   X=`grep -ic "Some Content" page.html`
   if [ "$X" -gt "0" ]; then
     COLOR=green
   else
     COLOR=yellow
   fi
   /home/hobbit/server/bin/bb 0.0.0.0 "status server,domain,com.home
$COLOR `date`"

You'll probably want a bit more fluff in that, such as some kind of
meaningful message in the last line, and I usually include an href to
the original URL so the monitoring guys can just click through it.
You can also add a link to "page.html" if you store it somewhere in
your server DocumentRoot, but that can get complicated if it contains
relative urls.

I'm sure a Perl guru could give you something simpler, but I never did
get the hang of perl.

Ralph Mitchell