[hobbit] Program crashed, fatal signal etc.

Rob Munsch rmunsch at solutionsforprogress.com
Thu Feb 1 18:16:12 CET 2007

Allan.Marillier at dana.com wrote:

> I think you're hitting the exact same problem I had that Henrik
> responded to me just over a week ago. So far after following Henrik's
> advice I have no had any repeats of the same problem.
> Quoting Henrik:
>
> Adding a "--no-ares" option to the bbtest-net command in
> hobbitlaunch.cfg might help; we know there is a bug in the C-ARES
> library used for DNS lookups, but it is apparently something which only
> triggers occasionally (or in specific setups).

I tried this.  No dice.  After doing this, dropping the hobbitd_client
test, and restarting the hobbitserver, it still crashes, goes red, then
purple and stays purple; if i drop the test again, it goes away for a
little while, but then comes back.

I've no idea what's causing this.  Can i send this corefile anywhere?