Strange CPU warnings with the netapp.pl script

Heino Walther hw at proact.dk
Mon Dec 24 14:26:15 CET 2007

Hi there!

I'm using the latest version of hobbit together with the netapp.pl
script to monitor a few NetApp boxes...

Everything works as expected, unless for two of the three NetApp boxes
which keeps complaining about CPU warning issues:

CPU Usage= 0% &yellow Cannot get any CPU data

That's the warning I keep getting.. that is it comes with about 15 mins.
Intervals, so some times it gets the CPU data from the NetApp, and ever
so often it doesn't...

The "funny" thing is that one of the two NetApp boxes on which this is
an issue, is actually in a cluster with another box which doesn't have
the issue at all..

All the boxes are running the same ontap version 7.2.3.

I'm polling the boxes every 5 mins. And I have tried to enable the
multithread option in the netapp.pl script...

I realize that this may not be a bug in the script but maybe somewhere
else... but how can I ignore this warning in the netapp.ini file ?

Or in the hobbit-alert.cfg ?

Currently I alert on everything (*) are you able to exclude the cpu
alerts without listing all the alerts ?

Home someone can help me out here ?

/Heino