[hobbit] DevMON Configuration or SNMP

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Dec 20 08:07:14 CET 2007

On Thursday 20 December 2007 08:37:18 DNS wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can one of you - Experts - show to me how to get SNMP to work in Hobbit?
> I've follow the instructions of DevMON but it doesn't work.

What exactly doesn't work? What have you done? Do you see anything in the
devmon logs?

Post one example line from your bb-hosts file. Can you snmpwalk the device
using the hostname? Have you got the right community strings in the devmon
config ?

devmon works fine, and is relatively easy to set up.

Regards,
Buchan