[hobbit] Receiving BB data from window client

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Dec 12 22:03:11 CET 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 02:40:40PM -0500, James B Horwath wrote:
> I have the BB NT client running sending data from a windows 2003 host to
> the hobbit server.
>
> Running tcpdump I see data being sent from the window host, and then I see
> data received by the hobbit server host.
>
> Data does not display on the web page and I can't locate the host centric
> data (disk/process/etc) anywhere on the hobbit server.

Check if the server is listed in the "Ghost clients" report. 99% of the
time I see this problem, it is because the hostnames don't match between
what is in the bb-hosts file, and what the client reports. Most of the
time it is a mismatch between a plain hostname and a fully-qualified
domain name (Windows boxes tend to use the simple hostname).