[hobbit] dbcheck.pl + MsSQL monitoring

Eric Meddaugh etmsys at rit.edu
Tue Dec 4 14:21:46 CET 2007

We're doing MsSQL checks (wrote our own checker).  It's not much, but
all it does is checks to see what the srvname from the sysservers table
in the "master" database is set to:

select srvname from sysservers where srvid = 0

It should return the name of the server and the main DB name, so like
this:

HOSTNAME\DB_NAME

HOSTNAME is the host, and DB_NAME is the actual Database.

We run it on Solaris as a remote test and use the Sybase Perl DBD/DBI
module.

---Eric