[hobbit] Diagnosing client data (vmstat)

Klomp, H. klomph at nlr.nl
Fri Aug 31 12:31:31 CEST 2007

Since the topic of vmstat is alreading started

I have a system in which de vmstat output is slightly different from the linux expected output.
Here, the IDLE and WAIT time are switched. Causing Hobbit to think the wait is is very large and the idle time is very
low.
(see example)
[vmstat]
procs                      memory      swap          io     system         cpu
 r  b   swpd   free   buff  cache   si   so    bi    bo   in    cs us sy wa id
 2  0 164232  34532  67736  44528    0    1     1     4    8     6  1  0  0  5
 1  0 164232  33000  67604  45072    0    0     1    29  141   126  3  0  0 97

This is on a hardened linux system.
Is there a known os which also has this way of reporting the vmstat info

Regards,

Bert Klomp