Help with a custom test script

Q q at tippett.com
Mon Aug 27 00:39:21 CEST 2007

Hello,

  I am new to writing custom scripts and looking for advice on how to
write a test to monitor the status of a machine in our render farm. Each
machine is broken down into a number of CPU cores. We have a command
that displays the status of each core in the format per line of
in testpartition). So here is the part I an trying to work out. A
machine with 4 cores will produce 4 lines each with it's own status. I
would like to to include all cores in one test. I would like to produce
a YELLOW status if any core is labeled as out and RED if they are all
listed as out. I would also like to make rrd graphs that shows the in
and out time for each core. Any help would be greatly appreciated.