Requesting a common encrypted port number for hobbit client/server

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 19 15:40:38 CEST 2007

Just and idea, port 1984 over the years got recognized by some kind of
Internet organization as default port for bb client/server communication
port.

Should we (hobbit community) pursue a common port number for hobbit
client/server  encrypted communication ?

I see the need but don't how to get this done.
which port number to use ? who(which entity)  to ask ?

I am using port 1999 for my testing purpose for now.

T.J. Yang