ping test failing with wrong address!

Terry Rossi tpr at pics.com
Fri Aug 17 03:57:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

All of a sudden today one of my servers is failing it's ping test but the odd thing is that the hobbit message is not reporting the correct ip address for the server.  I have seen at least 2 different ip addresses in the failure message neither of them belong to the server or are any part of my ip space!  64.158.56.46 is not correct.  I have checked bb-hosts and it is defined correctly.

Please help I feel hacked!

red  Thu Aug 16 21:45:00 2007 conn NOT ok

Service conn on picssql.com is not OK : Host does not respond to ping

System unreachable for 7 poll periods (1557 seconds)

&red 64.158.56.46 is unreachable