Duration reset on status change

Patrick Vaughan patrick_a_vaughan at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 03:54:47 CEST 2007

I know this has been discussed before, but I have a slight problem with
the way duration is calculated.

I need to send an Email if a test is yellow, and escalating pages if it
is red.  My problem is that a test went yellow over the weekend when
nobody was checking Email, then in the middle of the night went to red.
Which caused techs, backup techs, managers, and the CEO to be paged
because the duration was over 24 hours.

Is there any way to reset the duration counter when the state changes.
Instead of just when the state changes from green?