Automatically enable a disabled test -> bug?

Dennis Ortsen dortsen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:10:33 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

I've noticed something unexpected on my hobbit installation.

When I disable a lot of hosts (a bunch of access points for example) to
perform some maintenance jobs on them, after a short while, hobbit seems to
have "forgotten" I disabled the hosts until I click on OK. When I start with
the first few AP's, the other ones that are to be dealt with later have
changed their status from blue to green again...

Is this a bug or do I misinterpret the "until OK" checkbox in the
enable/disable section on the hobbit server?

To clarify my question, here's what I do:

On the hobbit server, I go to the menu "Administration -> Enable/disable". I
log in and on that page I select a bunch of AP's (by matching a pagename
pattern as a filter). I then select almost all the AP's on the Hosts list
(upright of the browser) and I select the "conn" test to disable. Then I
enter some text in the "Cause:" textbox. Then I'm starting to doubt about
the "Duration:". Until now, I believed you could either set a few hours or
days as duration, or until I enabled the tests again (the "until OK:
checkbox). But I'm starting to think that that checkbox is not a way of
disabling a test on a host forever... Am I right?

Does this checkbox mean that hobbit will continue to run the disabled tests
and when they succeed, hobbit will automatically enable the tests again
(change status from blue to green)?

If the above is true, what do I need to do when I want to disable a few
tests (not all) on a host for an unknown period of time (in other words:
forever, until I explicitly enable)?

Or have I hit a bug?

Thanks,

Dennis