rrd files corrupted

Steve Kirk steve at unixnation.net
Sun Apr 29 23:31:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

Somehow, a number of the rrd files used to display the various hobbit graphs
have become corrupted. I'm not entirely sure how this happened, although I do
suspect a power outage that took down the hobbit server machine.

Is there any way to recover from this situation? I'm using 4.0.4 server side,
and rrdtool-1.0.49.

I've had a look at the rrdtool man pages, and I don't think I can recover the
rrd files as such. e.g. trying to get info about a file...

$ /usr/local/rrd*/bin/rrdtool info la.rrd
ERROR: 'la.rrd' is not an RRD file

The server OS is Solaris 8 on UltraSparc.

Cheers,
Steve