[hobbit] Hobbit main view stopped updating

Thompson, Brian Brian.Thompson at detroitdiesel.com
Fri Apr 27 21:56:41 CEST 2007

As far as I'm aware, yes.  I'm completely green about all of hobbit
still, so far my involvement with it has been very much so on the
surface, any issues I've had with hobbit itself have been resolved by a
reboot, which I assume would restart the client.  I'm sure I'm falling
into the "you know what they say what happens when you assume" clause
right about now...

Anyways, I found this in the /var/log/hobbit/history.log

2007-04-27 11:50:02 Worker process died with exit code 15, terminating

That's one minute past the time that's frozen on my hobbit web view.

I also found that I had put in an erroneous alert message format in the
hobbit-alerts.cfg file.  It filled up the page.log file right quick with
errors about that, right up until the moment it stopped reporting.  I
fixed that and tried another restart to no avail.

I'm totally lost with this stuff.  The joys of hand-me-downs :-/

Thanks,

Brian Thompson