[hobbit] Graph FAQ on hobbit wikibook site

Dominique Frise Dominique.Frise at unil.ch
Tue Apr 17 07:46:47 CEST 2007

T.J. Yang wrote:
> I started Graph FAQ section to document some weird trending graph. I
> could not figure out why http response time diverse some much(See R1).
>
> Please submit yours if you have some interesting graph to share with.
>
> R1:
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Hobbit/Other_Docs/FAQ#Q._Why_my_Hobbit_server_has_following_http_response_graph_.3F

Q. My Hobbit server has following network traffic trending graph ?

The wrsmd(7D) (WCI Remote Shared Memory (WRSM) DLPI driver) status was reported
by the Solaris 10 command "/usr/bin/kstat -p -s '[or]bytes64'" used for
[ifstat] in hobbitclient-sunos.sh. I said "was" because on all our patched
Solaris 10 servers, we do not see this for quite a while.

You can avoid this output by using "/usr/bin/kstat -p -s '[or]bytes64' | grep
-v wrsmd | sort" for [ifstat]. You need also to remove all ifstat.wrsmd*.rrd files.

Dominique
UNIL - University of Lausanne