[hobbit] DOWNTIME for disk

Stuffle, David (Corporate) David.Stuffle at adesa.com
Sun Apr 15 17:52:41 CEST 2007

> Is it possible to define DOWNTIME just for a service like `disk' instead of the all services of a host

>From the man pages.  I think you have to specify a cause if you specify a column.

DOWNTIME=[columns:]day:starttime:endtime:cause[,day:starttime:endtime:cause]
This tag can be used to ignore failed checks during specific times of the day - e.g. if you run services that are only monitored e.g. Mon-Fri 8am-5pm, or you always reboot a server every Monday between 5 and 6 pm.

What happens is that if a test fails during the specified time, it is reported with status BLUE instead of yellow or red. Thus you can still see when the service was unavailable, but alarms will not be triggered and the downtime is not counted in the availability calculations generated by the Hobbit reports.

The "columns" setting is optional - it may be a comma-separated list of status columns in which case the DOWNTIME setting only applies to these columns.

The "cause" string (optional) is a text that will be displayed on the status web page to explain thy the system is down.

The syntax for DOWNTIME is the same as the one used by the NKTIME parameter.

David
DISCLAIMER:
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this document and
any attachments.