[hobbit] Tutorial - Wiki

Galen Johnson gjohnson at trantor.org
Fri Apr 13 22:23:38 CEST 2007

Stef Coene wrote:
> On Friday 13 April 2007, Alan Davis wrote:
>
>> http://www.trantor.org/theshire/
>>
> I have visited the shire before, but this is not what I need.  It's not
> flexible enough.  I more like a wiki where anyone can change anything.
>

> Stef

It was a conscious decision to restrict the shire to ensure that the
content is consistent.  I'm more than willing to add additional content
(and have asked on several occasions) that is related to extending
hobbit functionality.  That said, the shire is more for maintaining the
external scripts available for Hobbit somewhat on the order of deadcat
for BB.  Deadcat has many scripts that do the same thing...by keeping it
more restricted, it was hoped to be able to avoid redundant scripts that
in many cases are less functional than existing ones.  I just happen to
be using a wiki as a CMS.

=G=