monitoring a directory on a client

Eric Boyd eric at iconla.com
Wed Apr 11 02:28:03 CEST 2007

Hello all.

I am attempting to monitor a randomly disappearing directory on one of
my Mac OS X Server clients.

Looking at the docs for hobbit-client.cfg, I should be able to monitor
the directories existence with:

HOST=upload.iconla.com

        FILE    /Volumes/raid/upload red type=dir TRACK

I should also be able to monitor the size of that directory by adding
the line:

        DIR     /Volumes/raid/upload red size<40522440 TRACK

I expect that this should graph the size of the directory and turn red
when it reaches over 19G as well as go red iif the directory disappears.

I know my HOST line is correct as it is already reading my DISK status
settings.

Yet Files Status still shows :

No files checked.

Where have I gone wrong?