Hostname in tree but no hostinfo

Tod Hansmann thansmann at directpointe.com
Mon Apr 9 20:22:00 CEST 2007

In our hobbitd.log we have several messages stating:
"Hostname '<various>' in tree, but no hostinfo."

This is in a migration from bb to hobbit, and all 22 hosts mentioned are
no longer in the bb-hosts file.  I have used 'bb 127.0.0.1 "drop
<hostname>"' in an attempt to get rid of it, but no success.  So our
hobbitd column sits at yellow.

Has anyone seen this problem before?  My search of the mailing list only
revealed one message with it that was seemingly never answered (probably
because the gentleman slipped the question into another unrelated
thread).

Tod Hansmann
Network Engineer
DirectPointe, Inc