More Downtime issues

Bill Hart bill.hart at burkecorp.com
Fri Apr 6 14:33:57 CEST 2007

This is getting really annoying.

I added another DOWNTIME setting for a different machine.

This morning I came in early to find the system had died again.

The only entries I'm finding in the logs are the history.log that shows
unable to access the historyfile for any of the systems.  Restarting
hobbit does the trick, and it always happens right around when an enable
or disable is scheduled via downtime.

The error makes it seem like the files are just flat locked, I don't
know if there's something in hobbit locking them all open or what.

Is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot this further ?  I mean
I've checked all the logs, half of them haven't even had any logs added
in weeks (no errors), others have some benign warnings (such as not able
to find the disabled directory from bb-xsnmp), but nothing showing
issues except the history side.

Thanks,

Bill Hart

Computer Support Supervisor