[hobbit] Re: graphing help please

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Thu Sep 28 12:08:46 CEST 2006

The data to be graphed can come also in the status message and not only
in data messages.
The way you send data I think is wrong, you cannot send more messages in
one like it could be done with combo messages of bb you've to send one
message at a time and to graph cpu the better think you can do is to see
exactly what is sended to hobbit by the client cpu module and send
exactly the same thing. For example:
If you send a status message that contains:
Thu Sep 28 12:04:17 2006 up: 9 days, 19:07 CPU Usage= 78%

The cpu rrd module will get the CPU Usage and put the number into the
rrd.

If you know a bit of C you can check the source in hobbitd/rrd to check
what the various rrd modules want to get as data.
To get data out of data message and into rrd you also need to define
what to get from there via ncv for example.

Francesco