Bbtest-net hanging on Solaris, too

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at EDS.COM
Fri Sep 22 21:02:33 CEST 2006

Hobbit-folk -- did anyone get to the bottom of the "bbtest-net" hang
problem?  I saw that someone reported this under Linux a couple of weeks
ago.  I am using Solaris 8, and I am getting about the same problem --
and out of the blue, too.

I am using 4.2.0 with some (not all) of the patches applied.

Henrik, let me know what you need -- I have debug log files and a core
dump.  According to the debug file, it runs a bunch DNS queries and then
stops.  The prstat commands says that it is sleeping -- no CPU.

I restarted the entire Hobbit server and it worked for about 15 minutes
and then died again.

Sure would like to have some ideas about what to do...meanwhile I will
keep banging on it.

GLH