[hobbit] Failures not reported

Johann Eggers Johann.Eggers at teleatlas.com
Thu Sep 21 13:11:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

I guess "Hobbit-Out-of-the-box" wouldn't do the job.
If the hardware/OS has tools to determine the status of PSU's,
temperature sensors, raids, disks... then you can compile your own
script to report states / failures / values to your hobbit server.

For a SUN based environment (and probably other) there are scripts
available at www.deadcat.net.au

Another useful way is to monitor your devices via SNMP. You can use the
bb-xsnmp.pl script from deadcat or use the devmon tool
(http://devmon.sourceforge.net/) which has a more generally approach in
monitoring snmp enabled devices.

Johann