[hobbit] Hobbit & NetApp: can client check DISK look at NFS mounts?

rdeal rdeal at tigr.ORG
Wed Sep 20 21:58:14 CEST 2006

Use bb-xsnmp on deadcat.

From: "Mostardi, David  (MDL US)" <D.Mostardi at mdl.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:13:40 +0100
To: "'hobbit at hswn.dk'" <hobbit at hswn.dk>
Subject: [hobbit] Hobbit & NetApp: can client check DISK look at NFS mounts?

I have several Network Appliance filers, and am trying to get Hobbit to
monitor them. Since I can't run Hobbit client directly on the filer, my next
approach was to run Hobbit client on the NetApp admin host, and list all the
NetApp volumes which are NFS-mounted. But the DISK check seems to be
ignoring NFS mounts.

Questions:
1. Is there a way to have DISK un-ignore selected NFS mounts?
2. Are there some other clever ways to have Hobbit monitor a NetApp filer?

Thank you,
David

David Mostardi
Advisory Systems Manager