hobbit and vmware

Francisco Carmona Leon fcarmona at cfe.gob.mx
Tue Sep 19 18:08:35 CEST 2006

I have a ESX server with nine virtual machines running, some are in
production, some for development.

Those machines are Windows & Linux.

Vmware has a tools called Virtual Center, where you can see the trace of
the use of memory, processors, network packets in/out.

I put in the virtual machines the client and I saw a different values in
the charts.

Talking about memory the Virtual Center says 620M granted and 138M
active and hobbit says:

Memory    Used   Total  Pctg
green Physical:     477M    619M   77%
green Virtual:       37M   2047M    1%
green Page:         598M   1361M   43%

Now CPU Virtual Center says use 7% guarantee 13% and hobbit says  up: 2
days, 0 users, 36 procs, load=5%

How can I get a precision value to have a real report of the resource
use of this virtual machine?