Sporadic "Status not available"

Cummings, Robert Robert.Cummings at nordstrom.com
Sat Sep 16 00:58:06 CEST 2006

I'm testing Hobbit 4.2.0 on Solaris 10, running on a new Sun Fire v240.

Everything seems to be working, but I'm getting sporadic Status not
available messages when viewing individual monitors. Immediately
refreshing the page brings up the normal status screen.

You could get the error again after 5 refreshes or maybe 20 refreshes.
You will also get the error if you just leave the monitor page up for a
period of time, after it auto-refreshes enough times.

One quirk I noticed is that refreshes work great when the server is
under some kind of load, such as running make. This could just be a
coincidence, but I have yet to get a "Status not found" when the server
was under a moderate load.

There are no messages in the logs except for normal startup messages
when hobbit is first started. Hobbitd seems stable and is not failing or
restarting.

This is our first Hobbit installation (except for my hobbit running at
home, on Linux, without a problem). Big Brother 1.9e, which we are
trying to replace, is up and running, but that is on separate hardware
running Solaris 9.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Rob