[hobbit] Problem with ncv

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Fri Sep 15 15:44:16 CEST 2006

The problem related to graphs with 20 minutes interval is in the
creation of the rrd file

>From the rrdcreate help page
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdcreate.en.html

    DS:ds-name:GAUGE | COUNTER | DERIVE | ABSOLUTE:heartbeat:min:max

 The ``heartbeat'' defines the maximum acceptable interval between
samples. If the interval between samples is less than ``heartbeat'',
then an average rate is calculated and applied for that interval. If the
interval between samples is longer than ``heartbeat'', then that entire
interval is considered ``unknown''. Note that there are other things
that can make a sample interval ``unknown'', such as the rate exceeding
limits, or even an ``unknown'' input sample.

The heartbeat used by hobbit for ncv (and other graphs) is 600 (10 min)
and cannot be changed with parameters so you need to change the source
code (but it will change heartbeat for all the NCV graphs you do and
you've to remember to change it when installing a new version) or we
have to wait for Henrik to do a new rrd extendible interface for all our
special graphs cases :D
If you need to change you've to change it in the hobbitd/rrd/do_ncv.c,
search for "DS:", you'll find 2 of them they are for the default and not
default cases of ncv file creation.  I don't know if there's something
else that need to be changed but this should at least get your data
inside the rrd file.

Francesco