[hobbit] proc/port error messages error messages

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Mon Sep 11 16:57:15 CEST 2006

I think that this means that your Hobbit client sent more data than the
Hobbit server was configured to accept.  You need to look at the data
sent by this client and decide if that amount of data is normal.  If so,
then you need to change the Hobbit server configuration so it will
accept more data from clients.  Several of the tests have a link to
"client data available" so you can see the message.  There is also a CGI
you can run to get the last client dump, but I forget what it is.

When I had this problem, I was getting very long host routing tables
from AIX agents.  Some crucial information was getting lost that
appeared later in the client message, and this was causing false alarms
to trigger.  Since the routing table information did not appear to be
used, I just disabled the "netstat -nr" test.  Someday I may turn it
back on and go modify the hobbitd configuration to allow more data --
and I will be "correct."

GLH