Newbie question: how to monitor hobbit client

Mike Shackelford m_shackelford at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 02:46:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

  This is probably a dumb question, but how does hobbit server show alert if the hobbitlaunch process has died or become hung.  I killed it as a test, and it doesnt seem to get data until hobbitlaunch is restarted.  I would imagine that the hobbit server would need to interogate the client periodically beyond ping to ensure the main client deamon is running ok.

  Any help appreciated. thx.  This is my first time using this type of tool, and it look great overall.

  -mike