[hobbit] Increate the number of OS presence on http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 5 16:21:50 CEST 2006

>From: "Ralph Mitchell" <ralphmitchell at gmail.com>
>To: hobbit at hswn.dk
>Subject: Re: [hobbit] Increate the number of OS presence on
>http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/
>Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 08:54:44 -0500
>
>On 9/5/06, T.J. Yang <tj_yang at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Currently on http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/servers/servers.html, it only show
>>one type of Linux OS.
>>
>>Understand that it would be tough for Henrik to have all kind of different
>>OS in his test network.
>>Is it possible we can contribute to provide a comprenhsive list of OS
>>hobbit
>>client can run on ?
>>Since hobbit  support "pull", we should be able to contribute the
>>different
>>OS running hobbit client  from our home  test network.
>
>I have both server and client Hobbit running on both x86 and Sparc
>Gentoo Linux systems.  They're all behind multiple layers of
>firewalls, though, so there's no hope of anyone outside pulling info
>from them... :)

For OS on intel cpu, it is easier becuase we can use free vmware server to
host
  lots of OS types and keep one intel box on all the time is affordable.

Problem is OS and versions running on sparc,parisc and other CPUs, it will
be expensive
to keep those machines on even hardware are avaiable.

Regards

tj yang