[hobbit] bbtest-net hangs

Iain M Conochie iain at shihad.org
Mon Sep 4 11:21:58 CEST 2006

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Henrik Stoerner wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 09:16:34AM +0100, Iain M Conochie wrote:
>>
>>    I am having an issue with hobbit 4.2.0 built on a RedHat 9.0 system.
>> Basically, after running for about 15 hours or so, the bbtest-net command
>> hangs, and all network tests turn purple.
>
> That's obviously bad. I suppose you killed off the bbtest-net process to
> get things running again. If it happens again, could you kill it with
>   kill -6 <bbtest-net PID>
> This causes it to dump a core-file in the ~hobbit/server/tmp/ directory
> which should help me track down where it is hanging.

OK I will try that. Basically what i was doing was restarting the whole
hobbit server. The next tiem we have this issue i will try the kill -6
command to get the core dump.

> Did you notice if the process was using a lot of cpu time, or if it
> was just completely stalled? Was there an "fping" or "hobbitping"
> process hanging around also?

Basically, the bbtest-net program stalled and the process was hainging
around. CPU usage was normal. I am using the hobbitping command

Cheers

Iain