Problem with multiple BBDISPLAYS

Ulric Eriksson ulric at siag.nu
Mon Sep 4 10:45:16 CEST 2006

I have set up hobbit 4.2.0. I want it to receive reports from a
combination of clients:

  - Big Brother Unix, various flavours
  - Big Brother Windows
  - Hobbit
  - Mr Big (in-house Windows client)

This seems to work well.

I also want to send reports to a Big Brother server, so I modify
server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg like this:

8<---
#BBDISP="$BBSERVERIP"
BBDISP="0.0.0.0"
BBDISPLAYS="10.0.4.5 10.0.4.7"
8<---

When I do that, the client part of Hobbit sends reports to the
Big Brother server, but the Hobbit server seems to crash. The
yellow bbgen message that appears on the Big Brother server says:

hobbitd status-board not available

The bb.html page on the Hobbit server is blank when this happens.

The server is an HP DL385 running 64-bit Debian. Lots of disk,
lots of memory.

I've looked at the log files in /var/log/hobbit. bb-display.log
keeps repeating "hobbitd status-board not available".
clientdata.log says "Tried to down BOARDBUSY: Invalid argument",
but that seems related to the restarts.

So, what am I doing wrong?

Ulric