[hobbit] Feature request: better default navigation experience

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 1 15:49:36 CEST 2006

>From: henrik at hswn.dk (Henrik Stoerner)
>To: hobbit at hswn.dk
>Subject: Re: [hobbit] Feature request: better default navigation experience
>Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 14:21:18 +0200
>
>On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 04:46:22PM -0500, T.J. Yang wrote:
> > I implemented your suggestion on my test server with lots of manually
> > editing.
>
>This patch will build the menu-entry definitions automatically. It
>won't update your menu_items.js file, but since it only needs changing
>when new pages/subpages are added, I guess that can be done manually.

Hi, Henrik
Thanks for the quick response to answer my request.
This patch is a good short term solution.  but it still requrire menual
editing.

Can you modify your dump_page_tree subroutine to render the menu tree onto
every html page ?
So there is no menual editing needed.

The consumers(uers,mangagers) will have easy time to browse (not search as
you have it already)
and understand the servers/client  machines their group and other groups
have.

Using tigra javascript to get a group/server  is good solution but the one
below  is the best(IMHO).

Company >  sectors > network > server > web

Example from ebay.

eBay Motors > Powersports > Scooters & Mopeds > Honda
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-METROPOLITAN-SCOOTER_W0QQitemZ150028404448QQihZ005QQcategoryZ42593QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

tj