SV: [hobbit] how to tell server my extension script reports only every 2 hour

Lars Ebeling lars.ebeling at leopg9.no-ip.org
Tue Oct 24 18:44:05 CEST 2006

The message sent to hobbitserver should start with status+lifetime. In your
case lifetime should be 125.

Ie. bb $BBDISP "status+125 hostname.testname color ............"

See extract from bb manpage below.

Lars

status[+LIFETIME][/group:GROUP] HOSTNAME.TESTNAME COLOR <additional text>
This sends in a status message for a single test (column) on a single host.
TESTNAME is the name of the column where this test will show up; any name is
valid except that using dots in the testname will not work. COLOR must be
one of the valid colors: "green", "yellow", "red" or "clear". The colors
"blue" and "purple" - although valid colors - should not be sent in a
status-message, as these are handled specially by the Hobbit server.
The "additional text" normally includes a local timestamp and a summary of
the test result on the first line. Any lines following the first one are
free-form, and can include any information that may be useful to diagnose
the problem being reported.
The LIFETIME defines how long this status is valid after being received by
the Hobbit server. The default is 30 minutes, but you can set any period you
like. E.g. for a custom test that runs once an hour, you will want to set
this to at least 60 minutes - otherwise the status will go purple after 30
minutes. It is a good idea to set the LIFETIME to sligtly more than the
interval between your tests, to allow for variations in the time it takes
your test to complete. The LIFETIME is in minutes, unless you add an "h"
(hours), "d" (days) or "w" (weeks) immediately after the number, e.g.
"status+5h" for a status that is valid for 5 hours.