hobbitd_client crashed.

Trent Melcher tmelcher at saionline.com
Wed Oct 18 17:34:53 CEST 2006

I have a problem with the hobbitd_client crashing on my hobbit server.
I get - Program crashed    Fatal signal caught! This is a new install of
hobbit, I just compiled the 4.2.0 on the server.  It's a 64bit box which
might have something to do with it.

The box is a 3.4 GHz Intel Xeon 64-bit 2CPU box, Running RedHat ES4
Update 1

I cant find anything in the logs showing the crash, I do have a core
file in hobbit/server/tmp

Here are the errors/warnings I received from the make

loadhosts.c: In function `bbh_item_id':
loadhosts.c:528: warning: return discards qualifiers from pointer target
type
rbtr.c: In function `int_compare':
rbtr.c:396: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
rbtr.c:396: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
rbtr.c:397: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
rbtr.c:397: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
sendmsg.c: In function `sendtobbd':
sendmsg.c:238: warning: int format, different type arg (arg 3)
loadhosts.c: In function `bbh_item_id':
loadhosts.c:528: warning: return discards qualifiers from pointer target
type
httptest.c: In function `add_http_test':
httptest.c:589: warning: int format, different type arg (arg 3)
hobbitd.c: In function `find_cookie':
hobbitd.c:923: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
hobbitd.c: In function `clear_cookie':
hobbitd.c:940: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
hobbitd.c: In function `handle_status':
hobbitd.c:1136: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
hobbitd.c: In function `load_checkpoint':
hobbitd.c:3691: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
hobbitd.c: In function `do_message':
hobbitd.c:3190: warning: 'savech' might be used uninitialized in this
function
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libpng.so when searching for
-lpng
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libpng.a when searching for
-lpng
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when searching for
-lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.a when searching for
-lc
hobbitd_client.c: In function `file_report':
hobbitd_client.c:1017: warning: long long int format, off_t arg (arg 4)
hobbitd_client.c:1034: warning: long long int format, off_t arg (arg 4)
client_config.c: In function `dump_client_config':
client_config.c:1070: warning: long long int format, off_t arg (arg 2)
client_config.c:1072: warning: long long int format, off_t arg (arg 2)
client_config.c:1074: warning: long long int format, off_t arg (arg 2)
client_config.c: In function `check_file':
client_config.c:1533: warning: long long int format, off_t arg (arg 3)
client_config.c:1533: warning: long long int format, off_t arg (arg 4)
client_config.c:1546: warning: long long int format, off_t arg (arg 3)
client_config.c:1546: warning: long long int format, off_t arg (arg 4)
client_config.c:1559: warning: long long int format, off_t arg (arg 3)
client_config.c:1559: warning: long long int format, off_t arg (arg 4)
hobbitfetch.c: In function `main':
hobbitfetch.c:574: warning: 'ctypestr' might be used uninitialized in
this function
hobbitfetch.c:574: warning: 'actionstr' might be used uninitialized in
this function

Other than that it compiles fine and installs OK.  Everything else seems
to be working correctly except the client on the server.

Trent

Trent Melcher
Unix/Linux Systems Administrator
Securities America Financial Corporation
(402) 399-9111 x2774
tmelcher at saionline.com
Securities America, Inc., a Registered Broker/Dealer, Member NASD/SIPC.
Advisory services offered through Securities America Advisors, Inc., an
SEC Registered Investment Advisory