[hobbit] Notes protocol: working as expected?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Oct 17 12:49:06 CEST 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 10:28:53AM +0200, Francesco Duranti wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to get the notes protocol to work to send data with cfg2html
> to the hobbit server... I don't know if those are known problems or is
> working as expected:

You're the first I've heard ever using the "notes" protocol. So I
wouldn't be surprised if there were bugs.

> 1) sending
> bb localhost "notes HOSTNAME.html pippopluto"
> Will not create any file it seems that the only way to make the notes
> protocol to work is to use only the HOSTNAME with no extention like bb
> localhost "notes HOSTNAME pippopluto" , is this right?

First parameter for the "notes" command is the hostname.
Only the first parameter is used, you cannot control the filename that
the notes-text is stored in.

> 2) the file will not contain only the data sent to hobbit but also the
> "notes HOSTNAME" at the beginning. Is this normal too?

It should be removed, but I can see that it doesn't.Consider that a bug.