[hobbit] How to enable "Client S/W:" in info column ?

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 15 01:49:08 CEST 2006

>From: David Gore <David.Gore at VerizonBusiness.com>
>To: hobbit at hswn.dk
>Subject: Re: [hobbit] How to enable "Client S/W:" in info column ?
>Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 23:09:09 +0000
>
>T.J. Yang wrote:
>>

>>>From: "T.J. Yang" <tj_yang at hotmail.com>
>>>To: hobbit at hswn.dk
>>>Subject: RE: [hobbit] How to enable "Client S/W:" in info column ?
>>>Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 14:29:12 -0500

>>Also can "Client S/W" rename to "hobbit client version ?
>>
>>>Looks like I ran into a bug in  version 4.2.0.
>>>$BBHOME/etc/clientversion.cfg was not created by default.
>
>It is not a bug, it just means you have not done a clientupdate.  You
>create the client versions, the client version names are arbitrary.  See
>the man page for clientupdate for more detail.

Thanks for the followup, IMHO, it should be a bug (or a missing feature).
click on info column and see "Client S/W" has no vaule will definitely not
acceptable
the management.

I now have all my client packages genterate
a etc/clientversion.cfg with a version number in it after client
installation.

Looking forward to try out the auto client update.

tj