FW: [hobbit] bbgen program crashed?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Oct 5 14:15:29 CEST 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 12:12:00PM +0100, Jones, Jason (Altrincham) wrote:

> Or..not that one has failed too after reporting green for like 30
> seconds, I just don't understand what has caused this, this is my only
> clue so far:
>
> ./bbgen
> 2006-10-05 12:07:54 hobbitd status-board not available
> Aborted (core dumped)

Which version of Hobbit are you running ? If 4.2.0, did you apply
any of the patches ?

There should be a core-file in the ~hobbit/server/tmp/ directory.
Please run this through gdb like this:

    $ gdb ~hobbit/server/bin/bbgen ~hobbit/server/tmp/core
    gdb> bt

and send me the output from that "bt" command.

A copy of your hobbitserver.cfg and bb-hosts file would also be
helpful, and the ~hobbit/server/tmp/hobbitd.chk file. Please send
them directly to me (henrik at hswn.dk) - no reason to send them to the
entire mailing list.