[hobbit] HTTP Test Timeout & Delays

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Nov 17 09:14:06 CET 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 09:31:53AM -0600, James Wade wrote:

> After adding the additional URL's, I started getting Timeouts
> across the board. If I look at the graph for old URL's, it
> shows the graph increasing at the same time I implemented
> all the new URL's yesterday.
> ie. I went from about 30 to 60 URL's.

By default, Hobbit runs lots of network tests in parallel. It has been
seen that this can overwhelm either a server or some of your network
infrastructure; or just generate enough traffic that packets are dropped
on their way to the Hobbit server.

60 URL's aren't a whole lot, though.

Still, you can try lowering the number of concurrent tests that Hobbit
performs. The "--concurrency=N" option for bbtest-net does that (goes in
hobbitlaunch.cfg). See the bbtest-net(1) man-page.