[hobbit] Re: how to test depends tag

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Wed Nov 15 18:52:03 CET 2006

Asif Iqbal wrote:
> On 11/14/06, Rich Smrcina <rsmrcina at wi.rr.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps depends is broken (or we're all using it incorrectly, Henrik can
>> decide).  There was a thread here last week about using the route
>> keyword.
>
> I found it. Also according to the bb-hosts man page
>
> "route:router1,router2,....
>          This tag is taken from the "fping.sh"  script,  and  is
>          used by bbtest-net when run with the "--ping" option to
>          enable ping testing."
The route option seems like it would work well when a service on hostB
depends on hostA being "up", but it does no good in the case of a
service on hostB depending on a service on hostA (for example, you may
have an http on hostB that depends on a proxy http on another host).,
which is what the "depends" tag is supposed to be for.