[hobbit] Email alert based on specific process

Peter Welter peter.welter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 14:58:44 CET 2006

Hi all,

Since 4.2.0 Hobbit officially supports the GROUP-label mechanism for
distinguishing processes, disks, files, etc. When I quote Henrik
correctly "alerts in both BB and Hobbit trigger on a status column.",
this gives me the following problem.

Let's say we have the following config:

hobbit-clients.cfg:

SERVER=name
  DISK / 90 95 GROUP=unix
  DISK /database 90 95 GROUP=dba

hobbit-alerts.cfg:

GROUP=dba
  MAIL dba at somewhere.com bla bla

GROUP=unix
  MAIL unix at somewhere.com bla bla

The threshold for /database is exceeded, status is yellow, mail is
sent to the dba. Great! Now the /-partition starts to grow, the status
remains yellow because the dba's are investigating the problem but
have not solved the issue, but the unix-team is not alerted because no
status change has occured.

Any hints???

Below I found a discussion from last year, when I think the idea was
born and the term LABEL was introduced but is called GROUP now.

Thanks,
Peter