RHEL 3 Error

Bill Hart bill.hart at burkecorp.com
Mon Nov 13 16:43:22 CET 2006

I posted about this last week, as well as searching the archives.

Is anyone else seeing this :

shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
parent directories: No such file or directory

I'm seeing it on one of our RHEL 3 servers, the other two don't display
this error, and I have no idea what directories they are looking for.  I
don't have any 'files' tests defined.  The archives had one reference to
this, but it was a Debian system and the solution was unclear to me.

Bill Hart
Burke Corporation