[hobbit] getcwd cannot access parent directories

Bill Hart bill.hart at burkecorp.com
Wed Nov 8 22:43:43 CET 2006

Just an update, apparently clientupdate didn't work quite like I'd hoped
and now I am completely unable to run the linux client.  There are
floating point errors everywhere.

I decided to try and build the client directly on one of the machines,
and doing a make install even gets me a floating point error.

>From make install :

if test ! -f /home/hobbit/client/etc/localclient.cfg ; then cp
localclient.cfg /home/hobbit/client/etc/ ; fi

cp -fp runclient.sh /home/hobbit/client

cp -fp hobbitlaunch logfetch clientupdate orcahobbit msgcache
hobbitclient*.sh bb bbcmd bbhostgrep bbhostshow bbdigest
/home/hobbit/client/bin/

../build/merge-sects clientlaunch.cfg
/home/hobbit/client/etc/clientlaunch.cfg

make[1]: *** [install] Floating point exception

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hobbit/hobbit-4.2.0/client'

make: *** [install-client] Error 2

This is the 4.2.0 with the patches from Oct 3rd applied (I thought there
was a Nov 7th build yesterday, but I don't' see it on the site now)

Bill Hart

Burke Corporation

(515) 382-3575 x8406