[hobbit] custom rrd data graph

Dan Vande More bigdan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 21:29:13 CET 2006

Thanks for the update. It seems a good portion of the traffic on this list
deals strictly with the NCV stuff. While the documentation is good, there
are a lot of variables and certainly a lot of restrictions (underscores,
etc) that can play a vital role in whether an NCV is working or not.
Overcoming the complexity is sure a good feeling, but it's awfully
frustrating when you can't get it working.
Unfortunately, no amount of documentation is going to be able to overcome
human errors and human emotions. Even I've spent days trying to figure out
why things didn't work only to realize I was spelling ncv as nvc.

My advice for future people doing this sort of stuff is to first copy a
working example, before attempting your own tanget. You can then control for
your variables and experiment from there. Is the wiki for hobbit official
yet? Maybe we can use that for bootstrapping our fellow hobbitiers?

-Dan