[hobbit] rrd graphs for devmon scripts

Charles Goyard cgoyard at cvf.fr
Wed Nov 8 10:59:19 CET 2006

Hi,

Jones, Jason (Altrincham) wrote :
> Oops ye sorry I put the information in wrong on the graph it shows
> "Temperature_at_probe_1:_22.80c" I have since changed the message to:
>
> {statusColour} Probe 1(c):
> Temperature: 22.70
> {statusColour} Probe 2(c):
> Temperature: 20.00
>
> But now it just shows Probe : nan(cur) : nan(max) : nan(min)....
>
> How do I send my NCV setup? The only thing I can think of is from
> hobbitserver.cfg:
>
> TEST2RRD="......temperature=ncv"
>
> NCV_temperature="Temperature:GAUGE,Temperature:GAUGE"

Try this :

the message could be formatted as :

temp probe 1: 22.7
temp probe 2: 20.00

your setup as :
NCV_temperature="tempprobe1:GAUGE,tempprobe2:GAUGE,*:NONE"
(add the *:NONE if you have nothing else to track)

It should give you a rrd with two DS.

Have you applied the following patch ? "The NCV custom graphs module
would mistakenly include text from lines with no data into the name of
the next dataset. Apply this patch. Note that any existing RRD files
affected by this bug must be deleted, since this changes the names of
the datasets inside the RRD files."

If not, you can get it at
http://hswn.dk/hobbitsw/patches/ncv-ignoretext.patch or via the
all-in-one patch (http://hswn.dk/hobbitsw/patches/allinone.patch).