[hobbit] URL Monitoring -- New User

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 00:11:07 CET 2006

On 11/3/06, James Wade <jkwade at futurefrontiers.com> wrote:

> We have a lot of URL's that we monitor.
>
> We have had cases where multiple URL's
>
> go down at the same time.
>

> I'm trying to figure out a way to have a view
>
> that would show me the machine name with
>
> the actual URL  that is down.
>

> So for example, I may have 4 machines each
>
> with 4 or 5 URL's on them (4 ports 8081, 8082, 8083…)
>

> However, perhaps port 8081 goes down on 2 machines,
>
> and 8081 & 8083 goes down on the other two machines.
>

> I'd like a view to do this:
>

> machine1  http://machine1:8081   Down
>
>                 http://machine1:8083   Down
>

> machine 2 http://machine2:1081   Down
>

> Any hints on doing something like this?

I'm doing something like that, using scripts that are left over from
our Big Brother days.   The script sends a report for each
server/port, so I get the kind of result you might be looking for.

Dunno if you can achieve the same with Hobbit without the external
scripts.  If so, I can ditch a whole bunch of cronjobs...

Ralph Mitchell